If your bike is your first love and life mate, you must take it out of the city havoc, to the mountains, and into the lush foliage of some of India’s most beautiful paths and peaks. The Manali-Leh Ladakh road is one of the most difficult for motorcycles, but it is also one of the most rewarding, wrapping a beautiful valley in Manali and a stunning peak in Leh.
- Drive from Leh to Jispa, through Rohtang Pass, Thiksey, and Shey Monastery.
- Bazaars are a great place to go shopping.
- A trip to the stunning Pangong Lake.
- Take in the amazing views.
- Bike trip via the Kullu Valley’s meandering roads to the Sarchu campsite over the Baralacha Pass.
Place Rich in its Innate Beauty
Leh-Ladakh is a place rich in its innate beauty as well as spellbound experiences. These are life-changing events that will allow you to rejuvenate yourself, and the breathtaking sights will be with you for the rest of your life. Prepare for a thrilling journey now that you’ve stocked up on all the essentials.
Jammu, Kashmir, and Ladakh cover most of the part of the Northern Himalayan region, which has scenery and moonscape unlike any other. It’s primarily a wind-driven journey across some of the most spectacular and challenging places on the planet, peppered with adventure, wildlife, and culture.
The months of June to September are best for a bike journey across Leh Ladakh. The biker can relish the best of Ladakh throughout these months as long as they enjoy their bike trip to Lahaul and Spiti. However, most bikers choose to begin their new year with this dangerous bike adventure since Ladakh presents breathtaking views that can be relished all year save during the rainy season.
- The number of days required for a Ladakh bike tour depends entirely on the route you pick and the areas you wish to visit throughout your journey. While you can begin your bike ride in Delhi, you can also begin in Manali or travel to Leh and begin your tour in Ladakh.
A bike expedition to Ladakh
A bike expedition to Ladakh from Delhi would take 15-18 days, whereas a bike tour from Manali may cover a lot of ground in 10 days. If you fly to Leh and then begin your bike tour, it would take you about 7-8 days to have the entire experience.
- The very first thing is that every biker must devote his or her complete attention to their first love, which is their motorcycle. So, whenever you’re going for a bike for a trip, make sure to prioritize suitability over popularity. Consider it one of the most essential components of your vacation to Leh and Ladakh!
If you rent a bike in Manali, you can get a fair deal, with prices ranging from Rs.1000 to Rs.1800 depending on the design and condition of the bike. You will also be required to pay a deposit, which ranges between Rs.12, 000 and Rs.18, 000.
Until the bike is returned, the bike rental firm will certainly maintain an original copy of your nationality evidence (Adhaar Card, Key, or Voter Id). It is strongly advised that you take the bike on a test ride and push it to its maximum to ensure that it is in good working order.
- If you’re going on a Leh Ladakh trip on a bike, you’ll certainly pack differently than if you’re flying to Leh. In this essay, I’ll attempt to mention a few of these elements; more of a checklist, if you will; regardless of your means of conveyance.
- Built in 1553 AD, the 19-story Leh Palace stands atop a hill and still looks tough from the surrounding area; it was, after all, one of the world’s highest structures at the time. The royal family lived there until the mid-nineteenth century when Dogra armies thrashed Ladakh, and the royal family moved to the stock palace, abandoning theft.
- The paintings in the museum are Chinese thangka paintings over 450 years old.
Here are a few recommendations for bike rides in Leh-
Bike trip: Manali to Ladakh and Srinagar
In this Ladakh trip package, you can go from Manali to Srinagar in ten days. The price is 32,500/- per person. The journey lasts nine days and ten nights. The route taken was Manali – Jispa – Sarchu – Leh – Nubra Valley – Pangong Lake (via Shyok River route) Leh (by Chang La) – Kargil (through Alchi)
Motorcycle Tour from Srinagar-Ladakh and Manali
This Leh-Ladakh trip package contains a 9-day, 10-night ride from Srinagar to Leh. The cost is 33,500/- per person. The following path was chosen: Srinagar – Kargil – Leh (through Lamayuru, Alchi, and the Hall of Fame) – Nubra Valley (by Khardungla pass) – Pangong (via Shyok river) – Leh (via Changla) – Sarchu– Manali
Bike Tour Manali-Ladakh-Manali
Cycling from Manali to Leh takes nearly 11 days and 10 nights. This Ladakh trip costs 32,800/- per person. The local tour will be as starting from Manali – Jispa – Sarchu – Leh – Nubra valley (via Khardungla) – Pangong lake – Leh – Sarchu – Manali.