When you’re creating a landing page, the content writing you wrote on it is one of the most important factors for whether or not people will stick around long enough to convert.
But it’s also important to make sure that your content is SEO-friendly so that you can rank higher in search results and get more visits from potential customers.
Identify your target audience
- The first step to writing SEO-friendly content is to identify your target audience.
- Who are you trying to reach with your landing page?
- What needs or interests do they have that you can address with your product or service?
- Once you know who you’re writing for, you can tailor your content to them specifically.
Research your keywords and use them throughout your content
Another important SEO consideration for landing pages is keyword research.
- What keywords are people searching for that you want to rank for?
- Make sure to include these keywords throughout your content, including in the title, headings, and body text.
- But beware of keyword stuffing, which is when you stuff too many keywords into your content in an attempt to game the system.
- This can actually hurt your chances of ranking in search results. Instead, use keywords thoughtfully and sparingly to make sure they add to the quality of your content.
Write catchy titles that will draw in readers
Your title is one of the first things people will see when they come across your landing page, so it’s important to make it catchy and attention-grabbing.
This doesn’t mean you should stuff keywords into your title; instead, focus on writing a title that’s interesting and will make people want to click through to read more.
Create strong and compelling calls to action
- Once you’ve got people reading your content, you want to make sure they take the next step and convert.
- This is where strong and compelling calls to action come in. Tell people what you want them to do, whether it’s signing up for your email list,
- downloading a free guide, or buying your product.
- Make your call to action clear and easy to follow, and include it multiple times throughout your content so people can’t miss it.
Use short paragraphs and lists to make your content easy to read
- When people land on your page, you want them to be able to understand and digest your content quickly.
- This means using short paragraphs and lists whenever possible.
- Breaking up your content into small chunks makes it easier to read and more likely that people will stick with it until the end.
Include images, videos, and other visuals
- People are more likely to engage with content that includes images, videos, and other visuals.
- Not only do visuals make your content more interesting,
- but they can also help explain complex concepts and make your page more visually appealing.
Optimize your images for SEO
In addition to adding images to your content, you should also optimize them for SEO. This means including keywords in the file name and alt text so that they show up in search results.
Add social media sharing buttons to encourage readers to share your content
- If you want people to read and share your content, make it easy for them to do so by adding social media sharing buttons to your page.
- This way, readers can share your content with just a few clicks,
- you’ll get free exposure to a wider audience.
- By following the tips in this guide, you can create landing pages that are both effective and well-optimized for search engines.
- Keep in mind that SEO is an ever-evolving field, so be sure to stay up to date on the latest changes and trends.
- With a little effort, you can drive more traffic (and conversions) to your website with high-quality content.
- Are there any other techniques that have worked well for you when creating landing pages? Let us know in the comments below!